List of Wrestlers or Celebrities who suffered from the pituitary problem, Endocrine disorder, where there is over secretion of Growth Hormones leading to Gigantism initally ( Tall stature ) followed by Acromeglay ( Coarsening of features ) after the growth plate fuses.
They were famous for their appearance and huge contour, which was infact an abnormality created by disease pathology.
Here are 5 famous Wrestlers who suffered from Gigantism and Acromegaly.
1. Andrew the Giant- André René Roussimoff, French , a professional wrestler and actor. The Legend measured upto 7 feet 4 inch and with the massive body and coarse features was quickly famous among the fans.
2. Giant Gonzalez- Jorge González , initially a Basketball player , entered the lights of Wrestling Show because of his massive height of 7 feet 6 inches. He is another legend of the era.
3. The Great Khali -Dalip Singh Rana, better known by his ring name The Great Khali, is an Indian professional wrestler, actor, and powerlifter, best known for his time with WWE. This punjabi man height is 7 Feet 1 inches.
4. The Big Show- Paul Donald Wight is an American professional wrestler, better known by his ring name, Big Show. His height – 7 feet.
5. Maurice Tillet ( French Angel) : French Wrestler after whom the Ogre character Shrek is said to be created, suffered from acromegaly. Since his problem started late, he could not gain extra height like other. He measured 1.7 metres.
Ski Hi Lee: Canadian Professional Wrestler, he had a 54-inch chest, 87 inch arm reach and was said to be 6’8″ tall.
Can you Add more?