Entering the Post-graduation courses after MBBS in Nepal has become a tough exit for the Medical Students. Due to limited number of PG ( MD, MS, M. Sc) seats in Clinical Medicine and Basic Science in comparison to rapidly growing MBBS graduates in Nepal, the problem has become imminent now.
1. Kathmandu University (KU) :
2. Ministry of Education (MOE):
- Specially scholoarship quota fro abroads.
- Date: End of March
3. Institute of Medicine (IOM) :
- Includes Full Scholarships, Payment schemes, Sponsor seats and Government seats.
- Exam: End of March or 1st week of April .
4. PG in INDIA
Indian PG is one of the TOUGHEST entrance examinations in ASIA. But INDIA has provided foreign seats. Nepalese have to compete for the foreign seat and probability is better this way.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), India Date: May 14 and November
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh,India Date: May 21 and November
- Pakistan: Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi e.g In King Edward Medical University (KEMU) you need to pass Pakistan license exam
- College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (CPSP) Date: May and
6. B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS), Dharan
8. Nepal Academy of Medical Sciences (NAMS), Bir hospital , Priority is given to Lok Sewa candidates, followed by MOE then general. Date: end of July
9. United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) : Exam- Any time of year except 1st 15 days of January . It is considered the best option as the Degree is respected highly around the globe and with awesome salary becomes the zenith for ambitious students. Details can be found here http://www.usmle.org/
10. Australian Medical Council (AMC), Australia: It is said that Australia is congested and getting into PG is difficult now.Details about http://www.amc.org.au/
11. UK: PLAB 1,2 ,3 and still have to be lucky to get into PG. It is known to be very difficult one.
13. Bangladesh: Passing PG from Bangladesh has been known to be very tough. But more students are flocking into Bangladesh as PG seat are becoming virtual in Nepal, India.
14. Republic of the Philippines : Recent trend has been to form a group and fly to Philippines for PG. An easier destination but lower in choice.
15. Denmark: Not well explored area. But have to get language course first.
16. Germany: PG degree from Germany is well-reputed and free as well. Language is required.
17. China : A good option for Nepali students. Specially for students who studied MBBS in China as they are adapted to the language and condition.
18. Canada – Canadian Medical Licensing Examination.
Sources: RPG, PG forum India, and Internet.