List of Medical Colleges Of Nepal

nepal-medical-colleges

Medical Colleges in Nepal

Currently, about 20 Medical Colleges are operating in Nepal (both governmental and private colleges). Most of the colleges are affiliated to 2 main Universities of Nepal i.e. Kathmandu University (KU) and Tribhuvan University/IOM (TU). The minimum time period for completion of MBBS course in KU is 5 and 1/2 years and in TU is around 6 years including internship.

The international country code for Nepal is +977

nepal medical colleges

Tribhuvan University (T.U) affiliated:

1-411570

Name of CollegeLocationContactWebsite
Institute of Medicine (IOM)Maharajgunj,
Kathmandu
1-4413729www.iom.edu.np
Universal Medical College (UCMS)
Bhairawaha71-522896
71-522938,
www.ucmsnepal.com
National Medical College (NMC)
Birgunj51-532261
06252- 232895 (India)
www.nmcbir.edu.np
Janaki Medical College (JMC)
Janakpur41 – 526121www.jmcedu.com.np
KIST Medical College (KISTMCTH)
Imadol,
Lalitpur
1-5201496
1-6916201
www.kistmcth.edu.np
Chitwan Medical College (CMC)
Bharatpur,
Chitwan
56-592366www.cmc.edu.np
Gandaki Medical College (GMCTHRC)
Lekhnath-2,
Pokhara
61-207130
61-207130
www.gmc.edu.np
Mahendranagar Medical College

Mahendranagar
Kanchanpur
99-24437
1-416851
Global Education
Foundation Ltd.

Kathmandu University (KU) Affiliated:

Name of CollegeLoacationContactWebsite
College Of Medical Sciences (CMS)
Bharatpur56-524203www.cmsnepal.edu.np
Nepalgunj Medical CollegeChisapani, Nepalgunj81-521572
81-522932
81- 523182
www.ngmc.edu.np
Kathmandu Medical College (KMC)
Duwakot and Sinamangal, Ktm1-6616781
1-6616782
www.kmc.edu.np
Nepal Medical College (NMC)
Jorpati,
Kathmandu
1-4911008
www.nmcth.edu
Kathmandu
University
School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS)
Dhulikhel11-490707www.dhulikhelhospital.org
Lumbini Medical College (LMC)Tansen,
Palpa
75-520840www.lmc.edu.np
Nobel Medical CollegeBiratnagar21-460735
21-460736
www.nobelmedicalcollege.com.np
Manipal Medical College of Medical Sciences (MCOMS)
Pokhara61-440600
080-64500466 (India)
www.manipal.edu.np

MEDICAL COLLEGES NOT AFFILATED TO EITHER OF TU OR KU:

B.P. Koirala Institute Of Health Sciences (BPKIHS)

• Location: Ghopa, Dharan
  • Contact: 25-525555
  • Website: www.bpkihs.edu

Patan Academy of Health Sciences (PAHS)

• Location: Patan
  • Contact: 1-5545112
  • Website: http://www.pahs.edu.np/

BS/MD-GEMS

• Location: Khumaltar, Dhapakhel
  • Contact: 1-5003060, 1-5003111
  • Website: http://www.gems.edu.np/bsmd.html
  • Program in Nepal and Phillipines

National Academy of Medical Sciences (NAMS)

• Location: Mahaboudha, Kathamndu
  • Contact: 1-4478784, 1-4452125
  • Website: http://nams.org.np/
  • Post Graduate (PG) program only

For complete list of cost of admission, food, hostel in these colleges jump to:

About the Author

Sulabh Shrestha
Intern doctor and Medical Blogger Sulabh Shrestha

100 Comments on "List of Medical Colleges Of Nepal"

1. To study pharmacy/radiography/other medical courses, should we pass the entrance exam from Nepal to study in India or not??

• Jagadeesan.M (PharmD | March 8, 2013 at 11:31 am | Reply

No. u can contact to the respected university or college for your admission. Each State board and Central board University have different procedure for admission

• Excuse me sir,
      I wanted to know the best college in Nepal for Bachelors in Radiography and also the fee structure .
      I even wanted to know that if I couldnt pass my entrance exam ,will I be able to get direct admission in the concerned college ?
      Please do reply.
      Thank you.

2. how many seats are there in bsc nursing in moe under full scholarship and partial scholarship?if we pass that entrance exam in which colleges can we study?

3. RAJ NARAYAN MAHESWARI | November 23, 2012 at 9:37 pm | Reply

SIR,
    I WANT TO TAKE DIRECT ADMISSION IN MBBS IN NEPAL,PLEASE GUIDE ME AND INTIMATE FEE STRUCTURE.

4. sir i want to take admission in Kathmandu medical college in 2013 academic session.so i regret u to provide me to information about above consultancy.like:
    application form date:
    procedure to apply:

yours sincerely
    saurabh rai
    (india)

5. Dr Tarique I Mustafa | February 6, 2013 at 11:37 pm | Reply

Sir I want to take admission in pg gen medicine KMC please inform about 2013 academic session,application form date,pre admission test,procedure to apply for Indian.What is the capitation fee amount and tuition fee amount.Please inform me

6. sudhanshu saurav | February 24, 2013 at 5:21 pm | Reply

i want to take admission in Janaki Medical College (JMC). plz tell me from which date registration and admission process will be started?????????? plz rply soon………

7. dhiraj.pradhan | March 7, 2013 at 1:42 pm | Reply

yea you can do pg in kmc, kathmandu but you have to pay half crores to get seat there in medicine for 2013 . it is considered the best private medical college in nepal because patient volume is high there and it’s faculties are best in sout asian region and it is tertiary centre with all specialities available.

8. DEAR SIR MY DAUGHTER WANT TO GET PG ADMISSION IN BEST PVT/GOVT. COLLEGE OF NEPAL IN RADIO/GYNAE/DERMA/PEAD. KINDLY ADVICE FOR THE SAME FOR 2013/2014 SESSION IN DETAIL AND MOB NO. OF CONTECT PERSON. REGARDS GUSAIN MOB.09818640974

9. Sir,
    i wants to mbbs from nepal. What will be the minimum package.
    My complete budget is around 12-13 lac.
    Plz tell me sir ?
    +91-9984232983

10. Sir,
    i wants to mbbs from nepal. What will be the minimum package.
    My complete budget is around 12-13 lac.
    Plz tell me sir ?
    +91-9958135939

11. akshay tiwari | June 17, 2013 at 9:12 pm | Reply

Sir,
    i wants to get mbbs admission in nepal college’s. What will be the minimum package.
    My complete budget is around 10-15 lac.
    Plz tell me sir
    sir plz send all detail of package|

+91-9414076680
    +91-8764006259

12. Sir , Please let me know about my decision of joining MCOMS in Nepal .
    The fees I am paying for MBBS course is very high, & thats why i want to be sure of is that worthy .

How is the study & faculty over there ?

• Administrator | June 27, 2013 at 7:57 am | Reply

MCOMS is one of the best colleges out here. So if you are planning to study in Nepal, I think it is a good choice.

13. Sir !! I want to join Manipal medical College via KU. To study at Manipal ,what is minimum marks we should score in the entrance examination? & what marks is called A grade marks in KU ? Will KU have their exam before IOM ?

14. Ashique mansoor | September 3, 2013 at 9:11 am | Reply

sir, i want to take direct admission in nepalese army institute of health sciences i.e. NAIHS so please guide me… thanks.

15. Tasaduk Aziz Bhat | March 29, 2014 at 5:15 pm | Reply

Sir,
    . i want to get mbbs addmision in Nepal colleges.what will be the minimum package.
    . My complete bugat is 10 to 15 lac.
    . Please tell me sir.
    . +91 9018151079.

16. Nidhi Pandey | May 11, 2014 at 6:26 pm | Reply

Sir,
    I am from India and I want to get mbbs admission in Nepal colleges. So what will be the minimum package?? My complete budget is aroung 10-15 lac.
    Please sir do rply..
    My contact no-9702610514.
    Thank You.

• Administrator | May 12, 2014 at 1:39 am | Reply

Hello Nidhi
      I think minimum package for Indians studying in Nepal is 25,000 dollars.
      please check different official websites of Medical colleges. iom.edu.np nmcth.edu and more

• sir i want to admission in MBBS in Nepal in 1500000 RS. can u tell me about ANY college in nepal

• Administrator | July 26, 2014 at 6:58 am | Reply

Mahendra,
          You can apply for scholarship schemes in IOM, MOE and heavily subsidised schemes in BPKIHS and PAHS.

17. Sir,I want to get info regarding ENTRANCE exam for mbbs in govt colleges,nepal also the no of seats provided though quota.

• Administrator | June 3, 2014 at 3:26 pm | Reply

You have 6 places where you can expect scholorship, Sobha.
      IOM, MOE, PAHS, Embassies, Jagadamba Guthi and Nepal Army medical college.
      The most important are-
      IOM= 42 open seats + 1 staff quota
      MOE- Around 200 seats, General Seats: 55%, Reserved Seat: 45% (Government School, Girls, Madeshi, Janajati, Dalit, Muslim, Remote, Apanga)
      Army- 15 seats
      Patan- 9 full and 15 partial scholarship.

Don’t disregard Indian, Pakistan and Japanese embassy and the Guthi scheme as well.
      Best of luck

18. kindly contact me I need admission in mbbs in Nepal.

19. may i know what is the minimum fee structure for studying bds in nepal?? and may i know which college takes minimum fee,,location of the college please?

20. Dear sir i want to study mbbs in nepal plz help me to get admission in best college 09416800308

• Administrator | August 9, 2014 at 7:54 am | Reply

Ravinder
      Can you inbox me you facebook ID or Skype ID from the contact form above.I’ll try to help you.

21. sir,
    i m from india….

can you please tell me which college is best under ku affiliated colleges in respect to good faculty and studies and resuls

please reply me soon as i have to apply before the last dates

• Among KU affiliated colleges, MCOMS – Manipal and KMCTH- Kathmandu

• sir actually i have already applied personally at kmc.
        they said there would be an interview….
        do you have any idea about what kind of interview it will be or its just a formality????

22. dear sir,
    i m really very eager to join mbbs. can u please tell me the best colg for reading mbbs in low price. and also, what is the minimum marks that we have to get in ku entrance examination so as to get admission in respective colleges for applying in payment. i would be grateful if u provide me the suggestions.
    Thank You.

Sincerely yours…

• Kathmandu university medical school is the best option as per your requiremnt. It is less expensive but good one.
      You have to pass kumet exam first.

Other options that have scholarship schemes are- IOM, MOE, BPKIHS, India- AIIMS etc

23. Which medical college is best out of these two: college of medical sciences and nepal medical college???

• We need a basis to tell you this, both are PG centres, depends on your priority whether you want to stay in valley or stay out.

24. why is NMC Jorpati not considered as good as KMC or Manipal. What is the problem in NMC Jorpati???

• Looking at past result and performance, NMC might lag behind these colleges but, infrastructure, faculty and class wise, NMCTH is equally good or even better.