November 19, 2013 # 9:30 am # Nephrology # No Comment
A number of formulae have been devised to estimate GFR or Ccr values on the basis of serum creatinine levels.
Estimated creatinine clearance rate (eCCr) using Cockcroft-Gault formula
A commonly used surrogate marker for estimate of creatinine clearance is the Cockcroft-Gault formula, which in turn estimates GFR: It is named after the scientists who first published the formula, and it …
February 12, 2012 # 6:52 pm # Nephrology # No Comment
Indications in acute renal failure
1) Severe fluid overload with CCF
2) Severe hyperkalemia unresponsive to medical Rx or with ECG changes
3) Severe hyponeatrmia
4) Server metabloic acidosis requiring > 2 doses of NaHCO3 (2mEq/kg/dose)
6) Fluid restriction curtailling ample nutrition
2) High urea and creatinine values alone are not indications
1) Pertioneal dialysis tubing, trocar and cannula
2) Yellow intracath #14 gauge needle – …
September 24, 2011 # 1:40 pm # Nephrology # No Comment
Rapidly progressive is characterized by the histopathologic finding of crescents in the majority of glomeruli. The natural history in most forms is rapid progression to end-stage renal failure.
It is characterized by rapid deterioration of renal functions over days to weeks.
MANAGEMENT of RPGN-
We have elaborated “The regimen used by the Glomerular Disease Collaborative Network at the University of North Carolina at …