Various Skin problems are likely to arise during pregnancy ranging from pigmentation,acne to stretch marks which are mostly result of hormonal activity and weight gain.
Tips for Skin care in Pregnancy-
SKIN IN PREGANCY: gentle cleansing specially glycerine based and rinse off.moisture and apply sun screen with SPF 30 (morning)
Make up during pregnancy:
- less the better .
- Foundation that’s works as well as concelar.
- Undereye circle must be tackled with foundation. moisturiser and sunscreen and water proof mascara.
SKIN PROBLEM IN PREGANCY:
- during its formation use of olive oil in the area is helpful.
- Later retinoids can be used ( Not to be used in pregnancy)
- Pulsed dye laser in some cases.
- Bleaching agent (hydroquione 4%) may cause irritation so use with hydrocortisone 1% .
- superfical chemical bleach and microdermabrassion.
- Topical agent (azelaic acid)
- oily skin and hormonal imbalance cause it.
- Antibacterial and antibiotic agent(clindamycin ,benzyl peroxide )
- oral antibiotics ,
- sometime laser later.
- Retinoid is helpful but contraindicated
Advice:- Do not take any medication without physicians or dermatologist’s precription.
Specially during pregnancy which is a critical period for child and mother.
Article By: Dr. Akriti Sharma