HAND AND FOOT CARE:
- Hand must be protected by a good moisturizer.
- Sunscreen is must when out in the sun.
- while working use clean gloves.
- At night before sleeping mix a little glycerine with rose water and use it on hands.
It increase the bood circulation and keeps them soft and supple. To do it coat it with oil or cream and stroke from wrist to knuckle. Do it 6 times. Also each finger with other hand with the ball of your thumb.
After a long day a foot bath and massage is an ace to your tried feet. For foot bath put enough water in a bucket to cover your ankles and sprinkle a teaspoon of sea salt in it . You can also add some herb in the water (dried ones in the muslin ) . After few mins take out your feet and rub your feet and legs with pumice stone. After that massage it with Vaseline or oil. For the massage put right foot on your left leg . Place your thumb in the center of your foot and gradually draw them outwards to the sides of foot. Do it 6-8 times. Gently massage the toes with thumb in the front and forefinger beneath. Gently squeeze each toe and tug it . Also stroke your leg firmly from calf to the ankles.
- Apply varnish before doing nails even when not to remove the old polish.apply thin coats then thick coat .not remove or reapply polish more than once or twice per week.
- Manicure: wash and dry hands.
- File nails with gentle stroke.
- Begin to shape the nail (oval is good)
- Run your nails over on an old pantyhose.
- Apply a softener to your cuticles.
- Transfer hands to a bowl of warm water and soak for an additional few mins.
- Gentle push back the cuticles. Hand massage.
- Before applying color clean the nail with nail remover.dip it and rub.
- To colour the nail take in small amount ,1stly in the centre then to the side ,finish a nail in three strokes.
- Wait it to dry and apply another coat.
- Wash the equipment with the alcohol.
Dr. Akriti Sharma