MBBS Examination preparation Tips: Just before examJanuary 11, 2011 | 6:38 pm | Basic Sc., MBBS Exams | 46 Comments
MBBS Exam Tips : Just Before Exam
We have already described about the day to day study schedule one can plan to easily get through the MBBS exam. Now here are few tips to follow just before the Examination.
What is the hindrance to success?
1. Non preparedness.: It is impossible to get through an MBBS exam if you are reading for the exam just a day before it, unless you are too lucky or Super-genius. A day to day reading and preparation is the motto. Searching for pen, scale, etc at last moment.
2. Improper study and revision plan: Inability of the student to divide time for different subjects and different chapters within subject during final preparation is another issue.
3. Panicky- really a serious issue: You know but you can’t recall because you are anxious. Your mind is not working just the heart is pumping because of anxiety.
4. Unnecessary stress by trying to overdo things- Trying to remember something in too much detail may cause unnecessary stress. Comparing yourself to others and feeling guilty is another mistake. Fear of result is unnecessary .
5. Over Confidence- confidence is good but over confidence may land you up in disaster specially in viva and practical exams.
6. Neglecting the past questions
Night before the exam:
1. Consult and discuss the preparation with your friends. You may be missing something important.
2. Make sure you complete your chapters by night. Keep the morning for revision.
3. Make sure you have not forgotten to ready your tools like pen, scale, clip board, rubber, Admit card etc.
4. Take frequent short rest. Close eyes but not your mind. Recall the topics you’ve read. Such rest time can be of 10 minutes. It’ll rest your eyes and improve your concentration.
5. Sleep adequate so that you won’t have a hangover in the morning. But don’t over sleep which will cause you to panic next day.
Morning of the Exam:
6. Wake up, take a cup of coffee with light breakfast. Include an apple which will freshen you up.
7. Plan atleast 4-6 hours for final reading in the morning ie flash revision. During this go through the most important chapters, go through the headings and subheadings and points( Skip the texts as you have read it before). Take time to recall the formula, Mnemonics and points.
8. Last moment reading is Worthless does not apply for MBBS exam. Go through the most probable topics again if time is available even before you enter the exam hall.You may see the question from the last moment chapter and then you will see how your hand runs smoothly on the answer paper.
In the Examination Hall-
1. Reach atleast 10 minutes before the start time.
2. Fill Your details in Answer paper clearly and stay calm. Do anything that will give you extra impression and marks like drawing margins etc.
3. Stay calm and read the questions from 1 to last once and decide which section you are to start with. Make sure that 1st question you answer is the one you know well as it’ll boost your confidence for rest of the paper.
4. Divide the time for each question. Make sure you don’t miss question. Remember answering 3 questions and getting 3 marks each is not better than answering 4 in short and getting 2.5 each. Cut short if time is less but answer all.
5. Answer as neatly as possible and leave adequate spacing between words. It’ll make paper look cleaner and answer look lengthier.
6. Do not try to fool the examiner by repeating the same sentence again and again trying to elongate the answer. Describe well but get to the point at right time. Don’t just hit around the bush until examiner is frustrated with your answer.
7. Keep sometime to recheck your paper.
After the exam-
Sleep atleast 1-2 hours before starting preparation for next subject. It works like resetting your PC and created memory for next subject. It will also give you ability to wake late.
After the Examination is complete-
Forget about the exam. Don’t take too much stress for result. But learn from you experience and improve them in coming exam.
All though, you may read hundreds of tips online, its you who should decide which are good for you and which aren’t. So don’t ignore your own idea.
BEST OF LUCK :-)
Tags: preparation MBBS
Last updated: January 11, 2011